Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

lost password

• I have lost my password & the “lost password” manager says it is sending a new one but it never gets there…I have checked the Spam/junk file & nothing…Is there anywhere in the files where I can retrieve it

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you have access to the database, you can insert a password hash from a known password, then log in with your username and that password you just inserted. Do you have something like phpMyAdmin to access the database directly?

Also, what version of bbPress are you using, and are you using any plugins that affect the password, cookie or integration settings?

Yes I have PHP My admin but unfortunately you are way over my head…I follow directions pretty well but they need to be pretty detailed instructions…lol

Where do I find what version I am using…I did not add any plugins

What happened was my hard drive crashed & I use a password manager that now doesn’t seem to remember a lot of my passwords

Thanx for your help…Kenney

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The version will be in the admin section, on the bottom of every page.

http://chrishajer.com/bbpress/bbpress-version.png

Of course, without being able to log in, you aren’t going to be able to see that. If you haven’t removed it, the version is also showed in the head section of each forum page. It might look like this:

<meta name="generator" content="bbPress 1.0.2" />

I want to give you a password that will work with your version, so I need to know what version you are using.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you’re using 1.0.2, here is a password to log in with, and the hash you should insert into the bb_user.user_pass field (bb_user table, user_pass field) for your user:

insert this hash: $P$BlNSCHus7UmWzMPMh1c/MH71Mjj7kj/

Now change your password after you’re logged in.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You can just edit the record directly to insert the hashed password, or you can use this SQL to update it:

UPDATE bb_users SET user_pass = “$P$BlNSCHus7UmWzMPMh1c/MH71Mjj7kj/” WHERE ID=YOURNUMERICUSERID

If your ID is 1, this would be the SQL:

UPDATE bb_users SET user_pass = “$P$BlNSCHus7UmWzMPMh1c/MH71Mjj7kj/” WHERE ID=1

That also assumes your table prefix is bb_. Change it if you used something different.

If you’re using 1.0.2, here is a password to log in with, and the hash you should insert into the bb_user.user_pass field (bb_user table, user_pass field) for your user:

insert this hash: $P$BlNSCHus7UmWzMPMh1c/MH71Mjj7kj/

Now change your password after you’re logged in.

You are so far over my head it’s terrible…Where do I find the line “bb_user.user_pass field (bb_user table, user_pass field)” & what and where in that line do I insert… do I login with this password “n4gN#cO39wpL” on the main login or Admin login or both…& what is the user name…I really appreciate your help but I am very illiterate with code of any sort…The version is not visable at the top or anywhere for that matter that I can see…I just started this forum about 3 weeks ago so it should be the new one…the URL is http://mysoberlifetoday.com maybe you can tell what version it is…thank you Chris

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That URL redirects to a phpBB installation? Is that the wrong URL or are we talking about a phpBB forum?

Yes we are talking about a phpbb forum…That is what I got from here…or however I found this place…Sorry don’t mean to be dumb

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You did not get phpBB from here. phpBB support forums are here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/

If we’re talking about the link you posted, it redirects here – http://youngmoney.us/dir1/index.php which is phpBB, not bbPress.

Ok…I thought this was the same place…I just typed in bbpress to look for a support forum…I thought that was what I installed with WP…Sorry for the trouble but thank you for all your help…Kenney

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar