Categories
Search
Bottom

Lost Keymaster Role

• nextnorth
    Participant

@nextnorth

Hi,

I am helping out a friend with a website for speech therapists https://pdcen.org

Using bbpress v. 2.6.5

We have lost the key master role and hence cannot administrate forums, topics etc.

I have scoured this forum for fixes, re-installed the plugin, checked plugin conflicts and tried re-assigning roles via the database but I can’t figure out how to fix.

I am an experienced wp developer but have never seen this before. Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• oasiseducon
    Participant

@oasiseducon

Have you tried creating a new user and logging in as that? Once you have a working username and password, you could bump him up to keymaster right? Then you could probably go back and fix the original.

nextnorth
    Participant

@nextnorth

Unfortunately I cannot assign key master role through the user interface – it stops at moderator.

I tried amending the database for the user using the capabilities usermeta which creates a keymaster role in the users panel but as soon as you log in with that user it reverts to participant.

Hope this makes sense.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbPress requires at least one Keymaster, and only keymasters can set other keymasters. However bbPress does allow you to change the last keymaster to another role without warning – leaving no keymasters, and no ability to set a keymaster.

I’ve added some code in the bug fixes tab of my style pack plugin that detects if this has happened, and allows creation of a new keymaster.

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes

and you’ll see a tick box at the end.

Once you have ticked and saved, you can deactivate and delete this plugin, but I hope you’ll find a bunch of useful things in there and keep it going 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar