Categories
Search
Bottom

Lost Keymaster & Admin Menu Items

• synergywp
    Participant

@synergywp

Hello,

I did some forum searching and found this to be an issue from almost a year ago, however, its just hit me. It seemed that eventually others thought that maybe some other plugins were making the conflict, but if this is the case, there needs to be a fail-safe implemented into bbPress that a user with the WP Role of Administrator always can visit the Tools > Forums and Settings > Forums links.

And so here I begin:

I logged into one of my admin accounts, didn’t see the main CPT “Replies” “Forums” or “Topics” on the main admin. I thought it was funny so I tried to visit Settings > Forums, nothing. Same with Tools.

I look in my Users page and the Keymaster role is no longer listed at the top as a filter. I try “Change forum role to…” on my admins, but the Keymaster role is not listed, and I can only change my other admin account to Moderator. I try to change the one I’m currently logged in from Participant (was once Keymaster) to Moderator, but nothing happens.

I tried deactiving, reactivating. Nothing. Deleting and reinstalling, nothing. I tried removing plugins, nothing.

Here’s the thing, another forum post blamed it on All in One SEO. Well I don’t have that installed. I don’t know why a plugin would be deleting “Keymaster” role.

Again, I get that you can have a non Admin be a keymaster.. That’s nice. Why not have the admin ALWAYS be a nothing less than Keymaster? It doesn’t make much sense to have complete awesome and total control over the main platform, but not over a plugin?

Thanks for any assistance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• synergywp
    Participant

@synergywp

So, I went in to the DB and changed my s15:”bbp_participant” to s13:”bbp_keymaster” and can now see everything again.

So, somehow the role still existed, though wasn’t able to be seen by User Role Editor plugin or the rest of WordPress.

I hope that helps @jjj

treeflips
    Participant

@treeflips

Where in the DB did you change this???

treeflips
    Participant

@treeflips

I figured it out. Go to wp_usermeta and find the row with the right user id and change bbp_*role* to bbp_keymaster

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar