Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Looking for a plugin to edit/change author

• BobHatcher
    Participant

@bobhatcher

I run a membership site with bbpress and we have members leave so I need to change the author of their posts. Can anyone recommend a plugin that can help me do that?

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so if you delete them, you will get the option to assign their posts to another.

Many sites create a dummy user and call that user things like ‘ex member’ and assign content to that one user.

if you don’t want to delete users, then I don’t know of a plugin that will bulk assign.

It would not be that hard to write though

BobHatcher
    Participant

@bobhatcher

Gotcha, but, when I deleted them I assigned them to me, now I want to change it.

I don’t need to bulk-assign, one at a time would be good enough as I’ve only got a couple dozen.

Robin W

@robin-w

not sure what you mean by one at a time – one user or one topic/reply.

If the latter, then dashboard>topics or reply and edit will let you set the author

BobHatcher
    Participant

@bobhatcher

I found one that works well, it puts a dropdown on the RHS to allow author override.

bbPress Topic and Reply Author Override

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

I don’t see any point in this plugin – you can rename the authors of topics and answers through standard editing. You need to know the ID of the new author.

Mass renaming is best done through deletion, as described by Robin above.

In case of your “mistake”: get yourself a new account, and after cover the old one with a new alias on top, Archivist for example. Thus, you will have a new, exactly the same account, empty, and the old one under the new alias Archivist with the lost authors texts.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar