Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

logout variable

• I’m new at bbpress and don’t know much about php. I can edit stuff, but I can’t really come up with anything on my own.

I’m editing another theme for bbpress and changing it to my own theme. Somehow or another there is no log out link. I need to know what that is. For logging in it is this :

‘<?php login_form(); ?>’

what do I put for logging in. I have a sidebar file and I want to put it there, so that when members are logged in, they can click on logout.

thank you in advance

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

bb-login.php?action=logout

I noticed that when I was logging out of the admin section, but how do I put that in php? If I just put a link to that, it will show up even when you are not logged in (I think)

maybe something like this:

?php logout_form();?

note I can’t put less than or greater brackets for some reason. It converts them into some symbol and letters

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

You have to edit logged-in.php, that would contain the logout link. login_form functions includes that file if the user is logged in, otherwise login-form.php.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Thats the link, just hardcode it. It doesn’t need to be processed by PHP at all. Just add it to your HTML code.

And yeah, the formatting change is a bug we’ve been stuck with for weeks. It’s not being worked on.

Thanks guys,

that helped

By the way, how can I make a link able to be seen only by the keymaster? My design is also missing a link to the admin section, so I’m trying to figure out how to link to the admin page without allowing other users to see the link

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

forum_name/bb-admin/

I never have the link on my forums, I always just type it.

I’ve been doing that too, but I was interested in knowing how since it was similar to what we were talking about on this topic. Thank you

My fix for the problem:

Comment two strings in the file

bbp-includes/bbp-core-hooks.php

//add_filter( ‘login_redirect’, ‘bbp_redirect_login’, 2, 3 );

//add_filter( ‘logout_url’, ‘bbp_logout_url’, 2, 2 );

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar