Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login page table error after plugin update

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

need a link to a live example to be able to look further

Adunakhor
    Participant

@thefightingperfectionist

Link to image of error already included in the post above.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes I saw that – it is a link to the actual site so that I can examine what is being sent to the browser

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thanks @robin-w for the help, and sorry for the 2.6 trouble. If you need anything, please let me know! 🙏

Adunakhor
    Participant

Robin W

@robin-w

@johnjamesjacoby keep smiling – great that 2.6 is out, and was always going to throw up some issues.

Robin W

@robin-w

@thefightingperfectionist – the default message is just ‘you must be logged in to reply to this topic.’ can you say how you have extended this message to include your site details

Adunakhor
    Participant

Strange. I just typed a reply in here and submitted it and now its not here.

What I said in that new reply was that I was certain that I was able to edit that section in one of the tabs prior to the plugin update, but now I am unable to find that section. That is part of the problem, the page is showing HTML for a table, but I cannot find anywhere in the plugin where that can be edited, though I am certain it was there before, which is how I changed it from the default text.

Where in the plugin did you find the default message text?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’ve taken a look

2.5 just has this section in a <div> ; , 2.6 puts it into a <ul> and you can’t have a table within a <ul>, hence why it is no longer working.

I’ll look at where this is coded

Robin W

@robin-w

the bit you have altered is in my style pack plugin :

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>topic/reply display>item 20.

However as bbpress now wraps this part in a <ul> you can’t use a <table> in that part.

However the new template gives you the login part below it which the old did not, so it gets you most of the way there.

Alternatively you could amend the template which is

templates/default/bbpress/form-topic.php if you know how to FTP files

Adunakhor
    Participant

OK, so dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>topic/reply display>item 20 is….empty.

Guess it wasn’t there that I edited it. Any more suggestions?

Are we sure that the current formatting isn’t part of the recent update, and it’s just adding the registration address that I entered item 21?

Robin W

@robin-w

ahh, so you have items 21 and 22 activated – yes ?

Adunakhor
    Participant

Yes, items 21 and 22 on that same tab are both activated. 21 has the link to the login page and 22 has the link to the registration page. The descriptions for each are both just “Login” and “Registration” respectively.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I think I’ve got it – yes it is my style pack plugin that adds the table – some code I wrote quite a while ago. It works fine on 2.5.14 as that does the display differently.

I’ll need to re-write a part for 2.6.

In the meantime if you uncheck the registration and logins for

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Topic/Rely Styling

and
    dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Topic/Reply Display

then apart from registration, these should now be ok.

I’ll come back when I have fixed that part

Robin W

@robin-w

I’ve released 4.3.3 which amends the options for 2.6 users.

Adunakhor
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply. I just did the bbp style pack plugin update, and it seems to be displaying correctly now on the forum page. Thanks for the quick response times and the fix. Most appreciated!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar