Categories
Search
Bottom

Login Leads Users To URL For Admin Login

• chaosfranklin
    Participant

@chaosfranklin

Hello everyone,

I am having a bit of trouble with the login for my forums with bbpress. Users cannot log into the forums. I think the source of the problem is my security. I am changed the url for my administration login to hide from hackers. However, bbpress is using this url for members to login. This presents two problems. First, users cannot login. Second, users see the hidden url that they should not see.

Is there anyway to change the login url for users(subscribers) under bbpress’s settings?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses WordPress login, so if you’ve changed the url, just use any WordPress login and ignore the bbpress one.

chaosfranklin
    Participant

@chaosfranklin

I am sorry. May you please explain what you just said? I am lost. I am not an expert in coding. I don’t seen an option or label for bbpress login.

Robin W

@robin-w

there is no separate bbpress login. If you login using WordPress on first login bbpress will allocate the role that you have set in

dashboard>settings>forums>roles.

so bbpress does not use a url for login.

so when you say ‘ However, bbpress is using this url for members to login. ‘ where are you seeing this ?

chaosfranklin
    Participant

@chaosfranklin

bbpress uses the url for the admin (me) for members to login after they activate their accounts. The page says “Your account is activated”. The page has a link that says LOG IN, and that link is to the admin’s url.

It also goes to the admin’s url if the person types the incorrect username or password.

All users are set to be participants under forum’s roles.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so where are the registering ? ie from what part of your site – I need to understand what is sening the ‘activated’ email.

the incorrect login is fixed by :

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Login Failures

chaosfranklin
    Participant

@chaosfranklin

I think I wasn’t clear enough. There is not an “you are activated” email.

There is a “your account is activated” page on the site with a link that says “LOG IN”, and that link sends members to the admin url as well. Any incorrect logins will lead to users to the admin login url as well.

I tried the bbp style pack. It did not resolve the issue. The login continues to lead users to the admin login url.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress doesn’t have a ‘your account is activated’ page – something in WordPress is doing this, not bbpress.

chaosfranklin
    Participant

@chaosfranklin

This page is from bbpress. “your account is activatde” page appears after a new user completes the activation of his or her account.

bbbpress style pack is also not correcting the direction of login failures.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes, but as far as I can see the activation of their account is not part of bbpress.

perhaps we can proceed further by three things.

1. give me the url of the registration on your site
    2. tell me how you ‘changed the url for my administration login to hide from hackers’
    3. list the plugins yo are using on your site

chaosfranklin
    Participant

@chaosfranklin

I watched tutorials of the setup and see people testing the registration. They showed new users were required to activate their accounts by email.

Unfortunately, I cannot give the url due to the mature nature of the content. I don’t want to get ban.

I am using this plugin to to hide the administration login.

Hide login page, Hide wp admin – stop attack on login page

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks, but sorry I can’t really help further.

I will state again that WordPress handles both registration and login, and as long as you don’t use the login widgets or shortcodes then bbpress should not be involved.

I hope you get a resolution

chaosfranklin
    Participant

@chaosfranklin

May someone please help me? Why is bbpress sending users to my admin url to login? I disabled all of my plugins, and this did not resolve the problem.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar