Bottom

Logged out users subscribe to replies?

• fdarn
    Participant

@fdarn

WP 4.8
    BBPress 2.5

Hello,
    We use bbPress in place of the WP comments, and we allow both logged in and logged out users to reply. I know that people logged in can check the box to subscribe to new replies, but logged out users cannot. I would like to allow logged out users to subscribe as well. Can this be done?

Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

if a user is logged out, then wordpress does not know who they are, so I am struggling to understand how it would know which user to subscribe ??

fdarn
    Participant

@fdarn

They can’t comment without entering their name and email address anyway, so is there a plugin for bbPress that will add that name and email address to a mailing list and allow them to receive email alerts of new comments to that post?
    I am sure you know, there are plugins that do that for the WordPress comments, so that even commenters who do not have a WordPress account on that site can check a box to receive email alerts of new comments.

Robin W

@robin-w

I am sure you know, there are plugins that do that for the WordPress comments, so that even commenters who do not have a WordPress account on that site can check a box to receive email alerts of new comments.

wasn’t aware of that.

I don’t know of any plugin that does this for bbpress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar