Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

• don5999
    Participant

@don5999

I am using wordpress theme Customizr and have downloaded bbpress.

When I go to my site I can view the created forum (it is private for members only) as I am logged in.

In order to test, I have created a new user (in users) but when I log out, and try to log in the new details it comes up with the wordpress admin panel saying wrong details. If I try to go back into the wordpress dashboard, it has logged me out from there too.

I would really appreciate all your help.

http://www.rosemaryheart.com

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

In order to test, I have created a new user (in users) but when I log out, and try to log in the new details it comes up with the wordpress admin panel saying wrong details.

Can you give the exact error please

don5999
    Participant

@don5999

Thank you Robin.

This is the error…

ERROR: The password you entered for the username (removed for privacy) is incorrect. Lost your password?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, is it just that one user, or have you tried several?

and also try resetting the password for that user to see if that fixes

don5999
    Participant

@don5999

Seems to be finally working.

My problem now is the lost password function.
    I dont need users to register for an account as I will be doing it manually so I have set up a lost password page, have the widgit in the sidebar pointing to that pages url which displays just fine but upon testing, the page just refreshes when you hit send and no email arrives???

Robin W

@robin-w

I presume your lost password page has [bbp-lost-pass] in it?

the page does just refresh – not very helpful I know, but I’m not an author !

are you sure that

a) the email is sending
    b) you have the right email address
    c) it’s nit being junked by your email as spam?

don5999
    Participant

@don5999

Yes, it has that shortcode.

a) I have no idea if it is sending – I havent set anything up email wise
    b) I have tried my business email and personal email addresses and its not receiving on either
    c) I have looked in both junk folders and nothing in there

Do I need to set up an external link to email or setting inside of wordpress or bbpress to open my Outlook to send it or should it automatically send through wordpress?

Robin W

@robin-w

Try https://wordpress.org/plugins/check-email/

to see if your email is working

don5999
    Participant

@don5999

Thanks Robin, I’m grateful for all your help.

Check Email
    The test email has been sent by WordPress. Please note this does NOT mean it has been delivered. See wp_mail in the Codex for more information. The headers sent were:
    MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=”UTF-8″\r\n

However, nothing is received at the email address in eith er inbox or junk :0(

Robin W

@robin-w

Emails not working can be caused by many factors. Try working through the following :
    Spam filters
    You should be aware that many spam filters strip messages that do not come from the correct address. So if your site is mysite.com and your email address in wordpress settings>general is fred@gmail.com then it is likely that messages will be dumped in transit. You need to set up email to come from your site egfred@mysite.com, your hosting provider can help if needed.
    Host Provider
    Talk to your host provider about why emails are being stripped

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar