Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Locked topics

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I think this has been discussed before but I need to revisit it.

The “closed” topic type was not for for my theme with respects to styling. My text was light and with the background was hard to see. I got round it by using strikethrough instead and that would fine.

But I still feel this is not quite right and I am not sure what to do about it. A forum can be set as closed and that is great. A normal participant can’t add new topics. Great. Effectively a read-only forum.

For why can’t we have a read-only topic? Technically open but locked to further comments? It is just read only or locked. Not closed as such.

Appreciate thoughts on this.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

a topic can be closed, just as a forum can be closed.

If you close a topic, then it is exactly as you describe. It is read only.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Yeah, but in forums like phpBB, if you close a topic you are locking the topic. This is indicated to the user by a icon. I added some styling which I had gleaned from the internet:

#bbpress-forums .status-closed > li.bbp-topic-title > a.bbp-topic-permalink:before {
    	content: "[Locked]";
    	text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #ffffff;
    	color: #ff0000;
    	margin-right: 5px;
    	font-size: 16pt !important;
    }

This gives me a lock symbol but the look and feel of this symbol is not as nice as the paper clip which is visible for topics with attachments (using the GD Attachments plugin).

Robin W

@robin-w

so essentially the question is how to replace your locked icon with a paperclip – yes ?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

No no. Now sure how to show screen grabs here. Look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxn05evgt1njz37/Icons.jpg?dl=0

See how the paperclip just looks nicer?

The lock styling is not as nice. I don’t want to replace it with a paper clip but I want the styling to be similar to the paper clip. Make sense? If I could sort that out then I would remove the strike through since the padlock will be enough info.

Robin W

@robin-w

‘nicer’ is always subjective, and I don’t understand what the difference between the papercip and the lock is if you take away the strikethough

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Fair point! I have removed the strike-through and I am in agreement. Case closed. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar