Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Links to last post are wrong (pagination issue?)

• reedy
    Participant

@reedy

At first, I thought this was a redirect issue because when someone was replying to some topics, the redirect URL was stripping out the pagination (in some cases).

For example, getting to the end of a topic with the following URI:

/forums/topic/name-of-topic/page/155/

The redirect after submitting a reply was:

/forums/topic/name-of-topic/#post-599473

So basically, the pagination slugs seem to have been stripped. As a result, the poster is directed back to the first page of the topic.

However, I’ve also noticed that this is an issue with links on the activity stream, too.

For example, the timestamp for one specific reply that appears in the activity feed has the link:

/forums/topic/name-of-topic/#post-610386

Yet, the link should be:

/forums/topic/name-of-topic/page/156/#post-610386

So I think there may be a hyperlinking issue on topics that have a high number of pages?

Another idea – the name of the topic in this specific case is very long. Maybe the length of the URL is an issue? However, if it is I don’t know why it would be stripping the pagination slugs out of the links.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Virtualtopia
    Participant

@virtualtopia

This is the most annoying issue with BBPress and has been an issue for who knows long. Members in my forum start a new topic and abandon the old one when this happens. It makes things messy.

cjerrells
    Participant

@cjerrells

Is there a reason the fixes in the patches above haven’t been integrated into trunk?

This has been driving our users crazy and I’m surprised to find such an old thread here with an apparent solution. I made the changes and it seems fixed. Is there a hidden downside or complication that’s prevented it from becoming part of the standard codebase?

cjerrells
    Participant

@cjerrells

+ thanks @tharsheblows for posting the patches above! 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar