Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Links in posts lead to them being hidden (and how to deal with them)

• ncarring
    Participant

@ncarring

If a user posts a topic with links in it, their posts seem to be automatically hidden. This only seems to apply if there is more than one link. I’ve hunted high and low and can’t find any information on this. Is this a hardcoded feature, or a setting? I can’t find any settings that seem to correspond.

This raises another topic – how is a moderator / keymaster advised when there are actions pending? I can’t find anything like a “moderation queue” or other simple precis of what is waiting to be done. I can view “topics” in the main dashboard under wp-admin, and see which ones are pending, but that has to be done individually for each forum. Is that the correct method? Can a moderator subscribe to receive notifications by email or another means when something needs doing?

Thanks

Nick

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

You can go to the WordPress Settings -> Discussion: Moderation, and increase the number of links allowed before a topic goes into moderation. I believe the fact that you are not being informed is a bug. Someone who knows more about this will probably chime in at some point.

ncarring
    Participant

@ncarring

Thanks Mike. In the meantime I found the discussion settings and increased the number. The settings do say “Email me whenever … anyone posts a comment” etc. but I guess the key word in that is “me”, and I assume this all goes to the admin email address. Which is someone else, on the other side of the world 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar