Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Links in New Reply notifications not active

• drbgaijin
    Participant

@drbgaijin

I am new to bbPress, so I am probably just missing a setting.
    When a notification to a new reply arrives, the topic url is not active. Members have to copy and paste the url to get to the link.
    Have I missed a setting? Or is this just how it should work?
    Regards
    Douglas

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• drbgaijin
    Participant

@drbgaijin

I should add that I can see the “Reply E-mail body” in the settings. I see “Topic url: [reply -url]”
    Is there another shortcode that would make this an active link?
    I am totally at a loss with coding stuff myself, so if there is an answer to my main question, I hope it is a simple one.
    Regards
    Douglas

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,
    If you have only installed bbPress, links should be clickable… Did you add any other plugins on your installation ?

drbgaijin
    Participant

@drbgaijin

Thanks for the reply. I had installed “bbPress Notify(No-Spam)”. I have deactivated it now to see what happens. Now there are no notifications being sent at all!
    I have been unable to get the barebones bbPress send notifications from the start. So I found the Notify plugin and could get notifications to work – but with no active links.
    Does bbPress have a basic setting to send notifications when a new topic is started? Or can you recommmend a plugin that integrates better with bbPress and can do this?
    Regards
    Douglas

drbgaijin
    Participant

@drbgaijin

Further clarification.
    If I reply to a Topic, and have selected “email me replies to this Topic”, the email I get has an active link.
    But what I wanted to achieve, and could do with bbPress Notify, was to automatically send a notification to members when a new topic or new forum was created.
    Regards
    Douglas

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

That a standard feature of WordPress: Subscriptions.

If somebody is subscribed to a forum, that person will receive an email upon new topic creation.
    If somebody is subscribed to a topic, that person will receive an email upon new reply creation.

When you are in a forum, somewhere on top it should say ‘subscribe’. Clicking there should send you emails when new topics are created.

If you, as admin (keymaster) or moderator wants to deal with (manage) subscriptions, have a look at my bbP Toolkit plugin that has ways of activating/deactivating for other users.

drbgaijin
    Participant

@drbgaijin

Thank you Pascal
    I must say I never noticed the subscribe button on the Forums before.
    That should work as I want.
    I will also take a look at your Toolkit plugin.
    Thank you for the help
    Regards
    Douglas

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar