@retsacnal

On the forum user’s profile page, the following links don’t work:

• Topics started
    • Replies created
    • Engagements
    • Favorites
    • Subscriptions
    • Edit

The links all return a WP page that says “Not Found Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.”

I’ve tried three WP version (5.9.7, 6.2, 6.2.2), and two versions of bbPress (2.69 and 2.7), and I keep it very simple: just WordPress and the bbPress plugin. I’ve also tried a variety of themes, new ones and older ones. Everything else works fine–it’s just those links on the profile page that don’t.

I suspect that I’m missing a simple configuration setting or something…

Does anyone recognize that symptom and/or know what the fix is?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

try

dashboard>settings?permalinks and just click save – this resets the premalinks and sometimes fixed issues such as this.

Then come back

retsacnal
    Participant

@retsacnal

Thanks for the quick reply!

I forgot to mention that I’d already tried to reset the permalinks! But, per your advice, I tried it again, and this time noticed an error message below the bottom of the browser window. Unless you scroll down you don’t see it. So… then I changed the permissions on the WordPress directory, so that it could write the .htaccess file, and it started working.

So, I was right about missing a simple configuration setting, and embarrassed that I didn’t notice it before. Just a permissions problem.

Anyway, normally I’m working on a server where the process running also owns the files. I thought I’d explore bbPress on my laptop, so they don’t match.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar