Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Link back to LearnDash Course for course forum

• dwoliver
    Participant

@dwoliver

We are running a LearnDash education site and have associated bbPress forums with our LearnDash courses. The forum appears correctly on the course page and the user can move to the course forum. But once on the forum there is no link to return to the course. Can such a link be added? If so, how would it be done?
    Note that you will not be able to see the course or fourm screens as a non-logged-in user.
    WordPress version 5.9.3
    bbPress version: 2.6.9
    LearnDash version 4.1.0
    LD bbPress Integration version 2.2.2
    education.theodorepayne.org/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

creating a link within the forum can be done with a hook to the code quite easily.

The problem would be knowing what course sent the user to the forum, it may well be a parameter in the learndash course database (eg this course has this forum), but beyond free help to work out.

Contact me via http://www.rewweb.co.uk/contact-me/ if you want me to look.

dwoliver
    Participant

@dwoliver

Thanks for your answer. Can you point me to specifics about how to add the hook to place a link on the forum interface. I should be able to work out the course link issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

find

find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php

and you’ll see several action hooks you can link to

dwoliver
    Participant

@dwoliver

Thank you. I will look into it and report back.

Robin W

@robin-w

Jonathan
    Participant

@bionicsquid

Any update on this? I have the same problem. Have requested help from LearnDash with this. It’s a glaring omission really: users land in a dead end when they arrive at the forums and have to navigate back to the course with difficulty.

dwoliver
    Participant

@dwoliver

We ended up putting a link back to the course into the description block that appears below the forum title in the Edit Forum screen. It has worked well for us so far.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar