Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Latest src from Trac – form index not showing subforums?

• scmsteve
    Participant

@scmsteve

I pulled down the latest from the repo because I saw quite a bit of work was going on… Very excited to see the movement, and wanting to get in on the testing to be sure things are working ok. Maybe I jumped in the middle of some commits and that is my problem, but…

I am updating an earlier v2.6 dev release, which was working fine. But after doing the update and starting to test, a rather large error showed up on the first page where the shortcode [bbp-forum-index] is showing the list of forums, but none of the subforums under them.

I was trying to track this down via WP-CLI, but doing the shortcode from there, or even calling bbp_list_formums() is returning nothing at all, so the context must not be set up properly. I can’t figure out how to use that as a debugging path, and don’t really know offhand what is the right way.

If this isn’t the right location in the forums here, please let me know which section is better. šŸ™‚

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hey Steve, sorry I missed this. I’ll give this a look and report back. Thanks for letting us know!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Confirmed. Broken in https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3232, which I’ve reopened and will get fixed in 2.6.1. Sorry about that!

scmsteve
    Participant

@scmsteve

Nothing to apologize for, glad you were able to get it fixed (or will), and that it wasn’t my fault. šŸ™‚ Thanks for the quick reply and for taking care of it. Just testing before pushing this newer version to our live site, I’ll keep you posted on any other issues I find as well.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thanks for going easy on me. And thanks again for helping out. It really means a lot. šŸ‘

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

Glad im reading tonight as i use same shortcode so will wait for 2.6.1

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Iā€™m planning on releasing 2.6.1 on Thursday, in the event any other big issues come in. šŸ‘

scmsteve
    Participant

@scmsteve

2.6.1 installed and everything is great! Thanks for your dedication and hard work, it is wonderful to see 2.6 available for everyone as an official release. The only other change we had to make (not to confuse this topic) was to undo the changes we made before for when the sub-forum list was changed from li to spans, seems they are now back as li elements, but it was easy to fix the CSS. Everything looks great from what I can see right now.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thank you for the help and being patient. Super excited to finally have you updated and happy! šŸ‘

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar