Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Last Updates blank on 2.6.6

• joshpaynedesigns
    Participant

@joshpaynedesigns

Ever since 2.6.6 The Last Updates or Last Posts column never shows dates anymore. Even if a topic was just created it still says No Topics. I have tried the default 2021 theme and it’s still an issue. I have also created a staging version of the site with 2.6.5 and it works.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

is it possible to have a link to your site and an example on it ?

joshpaynedesigns
    Participant

@joshpaynedesigns

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks,

I’d suggest you try

dashboard>tools>forums>repair and run one at a time

joshpaynedesigns
    Participant

@joshpaynedesigns

Robin,

Yes I saw this as well and started to run them. Still no change. Are you not having this issue with your sites on 2.6.6?

Robin W

@robin-w

no, most bbpress sites will be 2.6.6 and this was released in November 2020, so if this was an issue it should be well known by now.

joshpaynedesigns
    Participant

@joshpaynedesigns

Makes me wonder if it’s not the 2.6.6 but 2.6.6 on the newest WP version.

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m running 2.6.6 on 5.7 on my test sites, all I can suggest is

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

joshpaynedesigns
    Participant

@joshpaynedesigns

I already did the theme check before I posted and I have done the plugin conflict checks with no changes. It has to be something with the forums repair not working.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so what are you using to restrict the forum visibility

joshpaynedesigns
    Participant

@joshpaynedesigns

Something you just said made me think of the issue and fix. I am using the BBP Style Pack and didn’t turn that off when I was testing plugins. I thought I needed it but turns out I didn’t. Once I looked at more of the settings in that plugin I realized that the freshness dates were set to custom and blank.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar