Categories
Search
Bottom

Keymaster Role not available

• PureLoneWolf
    Participant

@purelonewolf

Hi there

I upgraded to 2.5 this morning and, after noticing that some of my users were not assigned the participant role, ran the tool to remap users to default roles.

This had the unfortunate side-effect of setting both of my administrator accounts to Participant, and removed all Dashboard related links to bbpress.

In users, when I choose “Change Forum Role to” at the top of the user list, the highest level is moderator. Keymaster is no longer there.

Am I missing something?

I tried, in PHPMyAdmin, to change the wp_capabilities table from a:3:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;s:14:"backwpup_admin";b:1;s:15:"bbp_participant";b:1;} to a:3:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;s:14:"backwpup_admin";b:1;s:15:"bbp_keymaster";b:1;} after looking at a few posts on here. But that actually stopped access to the site until I changed it back.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• PureLoneWolf
    Participant

@purelonewolf

I have made a little bit of progress. I deactivated and deleted bbpress. Then re-installed it. I now have keymaster back for the 2 admin accounts. However, the dashboard settings don’t exist and if I try to go to them directly, I get a “You do not have permissions to access this page” message.

PureLoneWolf
    Participant

@purelonewolf

Aaand relax…

Fixed it. I performed a reset in User Role Editor, then deactivated and reactivated my other plugins that add custom roles to User Role Editor and it all came back to life.

Figured I would put up the solution in case anyone else had the issue.

Cheers

I solved this by :

Go into the BBPress Plugin settings
    Check Auto Role : Give everyone default access to Keymaster role.
    Update
    Change it back to the way you had it.
    The Keymaster role is now available for individual users again

@stjaymz Nice, clever idea, I will have to try and remember this 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar