Keymaster can’t moderate or even reply to posts
When I first set up my BBPress forum at libertydebater.com, I was the keymaster of the forum. I could see options to edit posts, trash them, move them and a number of other options.
At some point (I’m not clear when) I lost the ability to do practically anything as the keymaster on my forum. When I try to reply to a post, I get an error that says “ERROR: You do not have permission to create new topics.”
Also, where I used to see moderating options above each post, I no longer see those. I’ve spent the last 3 days searching for a fix and trying everything I’ve found. So far I’ve tried:
– disabling all plug-ins, testing, then re-enabling them and testing. The problem persisted even when all plugins were disabled.
– Running every tool under Tools > Forums.
– Changing the Forum roll of that user to Participant and then back to Keymaster.
– Changing my theme (currently Tortuga) to the default 2014 theme. It made no difference so I changed it back.
– Restoring the database back to the oldest copy I had available.
– I made a test user account. The test user can post and reply, even as Keymaster, but didn’t have the ability to Edit, Move, Trash posts.
I have also seen suggestions of getting rid of the Yoast plug-in as a solution, but I don’t have that plug in.
This was all working fine and then one day it wasn’t. I’m a total newb to Word Press, so please go easy on me. If you have any suggestions, some guidance on how to implement them would be most appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.