Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Keymaster can’t moderate or even reply to posts

• maxc246
    Participant

@maxc246

When I first set up my BBPress forum at libertydebater.com, I was the keymaster of the forum. I could see options to edit posts, trash them, move them and a number of other options.

At some point (I’m not clear when) I lost the ability to do practically anything as the keymaster on my forum. When I try to reply to a post, I get an error that says “ERROR: You do not have permission to create new topics.”

Also, where I used to see moderating options above each post, I no longer see those. I’ve spent the last 3 days searching for a fix and trying everything I’ve found. So far I’ve tried:

– disabling all plug-ins, testing, then re-enabling them and testing. The problem persisted even when all plugins were disabled.

– Running every tool under Tools > Forums.

– Changing the Forum roll of that user to Participant and then back to Keymaster.

– Changing my theme (currently Tortuga) to the default 2014 theme. It made no difference so I changed it back.

– Restoring the database back to the oldest copy I had available.

– I made a test user account. The test user can post and reply, even as Keymaster, but didn’t have the ability to Edit, Move, Trash posts.

I have also seen suggestions of getting rid of the Yoast plug-in as a solution, but I don’t have that plug in.

This was all working fine and then one day it wasn’t. I’m a total newb to Word Press, so please go easy on me. If you have any suggestions, some guidance on how to implement them would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok.

1. are you admin and keymaster?
    2. do you have phpmyadmin access? (if you don’t know what that is – don’t worry, just say !)
    3. what version of bbpress and worpdress are you running?
    4. In dashboard – can you see forums topics and replies?

maxc246
    Participant

@maxc246

Hi Robin! Thanks so much for your reply. I’ll do my best to answer your questions.

1 – Yes, I’m using the account I used to create the site and the forum, and I’ve double checked to make sure it has Admin and KeyMaster rights.

2 – GoDaddy is hosting my site. I’m vaguely familiar with phpmyadmin, but I just logged in to my GoDaddy account and didn’t see an obvious way to access the database for editing. I don’t see anything in the WP dashboard either. I’m guessing I’m missing something obvious. Everything else in WP is pretty straight forward.

3 – WordPress 4.6.1 and bbPress 2.5.10.

4 – Yes, I can see topics and replies in the Dashboard. I’m able to Edit, Trash or mark them as Spam from the Dashboard. I used to be able to do that with links above each post in the forum, but those links no longer appear.

Hope that helps you help me. Thanks again!

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm. don’t know what to suggest next.

Can you contact me via my website

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

enquirer32
    Participant

@enquirer32

ok so as of this morning as admin on a site I cannot see any topics… a bug it seems reading the hitory on this

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar