Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Keymaster cannot see pending replies

• fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

I am the keymaster for my forum, and I’ve got an email notification that someone has replied to a topic (because I subscribed to it), but I can’t see it in the forum, or through the ‘replies’ bit in the WP backend.

Looking at other posts, I see others have also had trouble with posts being marked as spam (side note: I’ve changed the settings I can find, but that doesn’t seem to stop things being marked pending, and it’s a really annoying feature that you don’t get notifications of things in spam!).

Anyway, my problem at the moment is that I don’t seem to be able to see the reply at all, or have any option to find pending posts. I have checked the documentation and other posts and can’t seem to find anyone with this issue. I think as keymaster I should have the rights to do all these things?
    Thank you in advance!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

what bbpress related plugins do you have (if any)

fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

None – based on the other posts I checked and I do have Akismet installed but not active. Others I have are Limit Login Attempts, Jetpack and Google Analytics, which I don’t think should be affecting it!
    Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so you are saying that you are receiving an email to say there is a reply – that reply has a link – where does that go – is it to a 404 page ?

and in

dashboard>replies>all replies – there are filters for all, mine, published, drafts, pending and spam and there is nothing in those ?

If a user posts a reply, and then decides to delete it before you see the email, then this could explain the problem.

fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

Thanks Robin. The link in the email takes me to the thread on the forum, but there’s no sign of the mysterious reply. I can’t paste a screengrab of my ‘all replies’ page, but the only filters at the top are all, mine and published – no drafts, pending or spam filters show at all.

Robin W

@robin-w

that may be because they are empty, so bbpress doesn’t bother showing as option.

so is this all replies, many replies, some replies, all forums some forums?

fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

Yes, it’s all replies in all forums (I only have one on the site) from all dates. Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so can you confirm

users can posts topics and these all work.

when a user posts a reply, you get an email because you are subscribed to the forum, but no reply appears in the forum, and nothing is seen in dashboard>replies.

is the forum new ? has this always been the case? or just started happening?

fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

So far I am the only one who has made a topic, but others have left replies without a problem. The forum is fairly new and not very busy at the moment. Generally when people post replies they just appear – I had one other that was pending because it had a couple of links in it, and I was able to approve that one ok (though there was no notification that there was something pending). This is the only time this has happened, where I can’t see it pending or access it anywhere.
    Thanks for your help!

Robin W

@robin-w

so are you fixed ?

fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

Sadly not! I still can’t see this reply anywhere on the system so can’t see how to approve it!

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry either ‘Yes, it’s all replies in all forums (I only have one on the site) from all dates’ or ‘ but others have left replies without a problem.’ is true, both cannot be true

Can you try again to write a problem definition.

fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

Sorry, I don’t think I’ve explained well! In normal circumstances, users can reply to posts and have done so without them being held pending. On one occasion someone posted something which got marked pending, and I was able to see it and approve it, then it displayed. However, in this circumstance, someone has posted a reply (which I’ve got an email alert for because of being subscribed) but I now can’t find it anywhere and there’s no sign of anything pending.
    Thanks for your patience!

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so one user one post.

Not sure I can fix that without a set of repeatable steps.

fleurhughessaqn
    Participant

@fleurhughessaqn

Ok, thanks for trying to help!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar