Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Key Master

• Steve
    Participant

@steveatty

I’m running the 2.1-rc4 release and I’ve just noticed that all the users show their role as “Key Master” on forum posts? Is this a display error or a privileges error?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You tell us, though hopefully only a display error. No reason all of your users should have super admin and/or admin privileges, unless you have a forum full of admins.

Steve
    Participant

@steveatty

In the main user database all the users are shown as Forum Participant. Does that mean that they are not key masters and that its a display error (I’ve not been able to find any way of setting things at a bbpress level).

• This reply was modified 11 years, 9 months ago by Steve.

Steve
    Participant

@steveatty

Found it… somehow, and I’m not sure how this happened the default role for users had been set to “Administrator”, either that or I’d not changed it. But “Anyone can registered” wasn’t set so it wasn’t important (I’m using a FB connect plugin to do registration). However I de-activated bbpress and then re-activated it and it sets up forum participant to pick up the default role from the blog… so every user (all 233+) of them became site admins and thus Key Masters. So I de-activated, set the default role to the lowest and then re-enabled it.

I set the default role down to subscriber, deactivated and re-activated bbpress and now everyone is just a member on the forums.

It might be worth putting a check in so that it pops up a warning if the default level is an an admin level account.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 9 months ago by Steve.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Makes sense to me. Better user management is one of my focuses for 2.2, so I’ll keep this in mind.

Glad you got it sorted.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar