Search
Bottom

Keep subscribers at frontend -redirect wp login

• franklinss
    Participant

@franklinss

Hi!

I hope someone can help me with the following issue:

When you submit a registration, it takes you to the WP-admin login page. I want to keep the user in the front end at all times & direct them to a landing page to say thank you & check your inbox te complete registration. Also when a subscriber enters an incorrect password or account, it will redirect to admin login. How do i redirect the subscribers and keep them at the frontend at all times?

Thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>login failures

franklinss
    Participant

@franklinss

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the fast reply! I activated the bbp stylepack. For login failures it worked.
    But how can i also do this for the registrationlink and for the password reset?

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

for registration, set up a pages called whatever you wish and use the relevant shortcodes

[bbp-login] – Display the login screen.
    [bbp-register] – Display the register screen.
    [bbp-lost-pass] – Display the lost password screen.

franklinss
    Participant

@franklinss

Sorry, maybe i am not specific enough. I have set up these pages. For example: After you registrate, you are directed to …wp-login.php?checkemail=registered. I dont want to show the wp-login, but for example a page on the site itself which says; succesfully registrated. Check your inbox. And when you set up a password that is is also on the site itself.

I hope i am clear enough (english is not my main language).

Thank you so much again!

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I agree it is annoying, but bbpress just uses worldpress registration and login, and is not very clever with these elements.

You are best to sort it using a plugin such as ‘theme my login’ to fix all these issues

Theme My Login

healtemple21
    Participant

@healtemple21

Good Day, the shortcode bb-register , login and lost password aren’t working for me on WPBakery. Other bb shortcodes do work, such as bb-topic-index. Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

healtemple21
    Participant

@healtemple21

sorry it’s [bbp-register]

Robin W

@robin-w

can you define ‘not working’ please

healtemple21
    Participant

@healtemple21

When I paste the register code into the page, nothing shows up. When I duplicate the same window for the forum-index, that works, in the wp bakery software (changing only the code), nothing happens.

I hope this helps to clarify. Let me know, thank you for your help
    Roman

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm – if that is all that is in that page, then suggest you just do it without wp-bakery

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar