Skip to:

just getting started

• I am just getting started with bbpress…I am not sure where I am supposed to upload BBPress to…In my file manager I uploaded to the folder I installed my WP to but it doesn’t show up anywhere when I go to that domain…So really I am just totally lost…thanx…Kenney

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer

Inside the folder that as WordPress, put a folder with all the bbPress files in it. So maybe you have this:

add a new folder:

/public/html/wordpress/forum/ (or forums or discussion or bbpress)

then access your new installation at (or whatever you selected) assuming WordPress is accessible at

Thank you very much for your support…I got some help from my hosting site to create a database like the installer requested…but the one he created is not directly in my wordpress file…can you show me an example of what a WP site with the forum install looks like so I can see what I am working towards…Give me a URL if you don’t mind…Thank you again…Kenney

They don’t look any different than a WordPress installation, and then a bbPress forum at a different URL. Here’s what it looks like if you don’t do any sort of integration:

WordPress is in the html root, and then in that folder is a forum folder, which is why bbPress is accessible at

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar