Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Just a few questions

• I’m just wondering if bbpress has a few features that I require, I currently maintain a website that has wordpress and phpbb on it. The forums has a whack load of sub forums along with ones only visible by certain members, I’m wondering if it is possible to make sub forums along with special ranks along with moderator and admin?

Because currently trying to make my wordpress theme work on the forums is being a real pain, I’ve gotten it to work for firefox but in IE its a mess, so I’m hoping bbpress could be my salvation if you will.

I’m also wondering if bbpress is easy to setup with Yahoo Small business hosting? I also maintain another site in works that requires a way to post “ads” kind of like craigs list but can only be posted by an admin.

Help on any of these issues would be great.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> The forums has a whack load of sub forums along with ones only visible by certain

> members, I’m wondering if it is possible to make sub forums along with special ranks

> along with moderator and admin?

Yes, you want the hidden forums plugin:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/hidden-forums/

> I’m also wondering if bbpress is easy to setup with Yahoo Small business hosting?

So long as the server has PHP and MySQL, and can send email, then it will be fine. If it can’t send email, then there are plugins to use an external SMTP server.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar