Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

It all works… except, I can't see the posts!

• frankdamienzoe

@frankdamienzoe

Hi there,..

I’ve set up bbpress several times on a local MAMP server and installed the program without problems or warnings.

It all works… except for the fact that I can’t see the posts. Whatever I do, they just dont show up.

All other functionality is apparently OK. I haven’t got a clue where to start looking.

All help welcome, THX Frank

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Did you see any errors while installing bbPress?

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Did you see any errors while installing bbPress?

frankdamienzoe

@frankdamienzoe

Namaste Gautam…

No, as I wrote, no problems, no warnings, no nothing.

It all seems to work but I can´t see the individual posts. I installed it on a Local Server (localhost) using MAMP so there are no issues with P

php safe-mode or permissions or the like.

I will try an install on a regular server…

Don’t know what else to say, safe that it’s strange that no other people have encountered similar issue.

All the best, THX Frank

frankdamienzoe

@frankdamienzoe

Namaste Gautam…

No, as I wrote, no problems, no warnings, no nothing.

It all seems to work but I can´t see the individual posts. I installed it on a Local Server (localhost) using MAMP so there are no issues with P

php safe-mode or permissions or the like.

I will try an install on a regular server…

Don’t know what else to say, safe that it’s strange that no other people have encountered similar issue.

All the best, THX Frank

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Namaste! ;)

Recently, even I installed bbPress on MAMP and it gave an error that the bb_posts table could not be created, a simple change in the query solved the problem though. Can you please check if you actually have the bb_posts table there? :)

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Namaste! ;)

Recently, even I installed bbPress on MAMP and it gave an error that the bb_posts table could not be created, a simple change in the query solved the problem though. Can you please check if you actually have the bb_posts table there? :)

appliantologist

@appliantologist

Hi, I had this same problem,

Topics created, posts counted, but no posts shown

you can change the php as described and fix the sql – reinstall and you’ll get your table, or just check your mysql log and see if the erroneous sql is there and fix it.

appliantologist

@appliantologist

Hi, I had this same problem,

Topics created, posts counted, but no posts shown

you can change the php as described and fix the sql – reinstall and you’ll get your table, or just check your mysql log and see if the erroneous sql is there and fix it.

frankdamienzoe

@frankdamienzoe

Thanks you guys…

I’m out of here,.. nothing personal but bbpress (as far as I am concerned) is Bugged Like Hell.

If you ask “normal users” like me, myself and I to start fiddling with the SQL tables and adjust a tiny bit of PHP code here and there, then, and trust me, you have got a BIG problem.

After my third install (intent) on a localhost MAMP server that runs 2 instances of WP and an instance of JOOMLA – all flawlessly – I got this nice little message:

Database error: [Table ‘fdzforum.bb_posts’ doesn’t exist]
INSERT INTO bb_posts (topic_id,post_text,post_time,poster_id,poster_ip,post_status,post_position,forum_id) VALUES (‘1′,'<p>First Post! w00t.n</p>n’,’2011-05-08 11:05:12′,’1′,’::1′,’0′,’1′,’1′)
Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_insert_post

SELECT p.* FROM bb_posts AS p WHERE p.post_id != ‘0’ AND p.topic_id = ‘1’ AND p.poster_id = ‘1’ AND p.post_status = ‘0’ ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 30
Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_insert_post, BB_Query->BB_Query, BB_Query->query, bb_cache_posts

SELECT DISTINCT poster_id FROM bb_posts WHERE topic_id = ‘1’ AND post_status = ‘0’;
Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_insert_post, bb_update_topic_voices

So cheerio, gimme a call when you have an install that works,

Frank

frankdamienzoe

@frankdamienzoe

Thanks you guys…

I’m out of here,.. nothing personal but bbpress (as far as I am concerned) is Bugged Like Hell.

If you ask “normal users” like me, myself and I to start fiddling with the SQL tables and adjust a tiny bit of PHP code here and there, then, and trust me, you have got a BIG problem.

After my third install (intent) on a localhost MAMP server that runs 2 instances of WP and an instance of JOOMLA – all flawlessly – I got this nice little message:

INSERT INTO bb_posts (topic_id,post_text,post_time,poster_id,poster_ip,post_status,post_position,forum_id) VALUES (‘1′,'<p>First Post! w00t.n</p>n’,’2011-05-08 11:05:12′,’1′,’::1′,’0′,’1′,’1′)
Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_insert_post

SELECT p.* FROM bb_posts AS p WHERE p.post_id != ‘0’ AND p.topic_id = ‘1’ AND p.poster_id = ‘1’ AND p.post_status = ‘0’ ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 30
Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_insert_post, BB_Query->BB_Query, BB_Query->query, bb_cache_posts

SELECT DISTINCT poster_id FROM bb_posts WHERE topic_id = ‘1’ AND post_status = ‘0’;
Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_insert_post, bb_update_topic_voices

So cheerio, gimme a call when you have an install that works,

Frank

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

frankdamienzoe: Sorry, but I can’t help you out with your posts being marked as spam. That is handled by Akismet. Please run this sql query in your database via phpMyAdmin (it’s very easy, there are many tutorials available for this):

http://pastebin.com/0pm4SrKH

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

frankdamienzoe: Sorry, but I can’t help you out with your posts being marked as spam. That is handled by Akismet. Please run this sql query in your database via phpMyAdmin (it’s very easy, there are many tutorials available for this):

http://pastebin.com/0pm4SrKH

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar