Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Issues importing vBulletin 4.2.0 to bbPress 2.3.2

• dvclmn
    Participant

@dvclmn

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to look after this.

I know there are a lot of posts dedicated to vBulletin import issues, but after hours of searching I haven’t been able to find a resolution. Hoping you can help!

I have read the known issues page (http://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/vbulletin/) thoroughly and have made sure every detail is correct:

Selected Platform: vBulletin
    Database Server: IP or hostname (in my case another-castle.com)
    Database Port Use default 3306 if unsure
    Database Name Name of the database with your old forum data
    Database User User for your database connection
    Database Password Password to access the database
    Table Prefix (in my case vb_)

I just get ‘no forums/users/etc to convert’.

No data is imported.

I know that you can’t know if I’m getting a password or username wrong, but I am using the details I use to successfully log in to my server/phpMyadmin etc.

I am in such urgent need of this to work that I am happy to pay for further support – whatever it takes. Please let me know if there’s any more information I can give to help this along.

Thanks so much.

Dave.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s likely that the database server for your vBulletin installation isn’t configured to accept external requests from the database server you’re using for bbPress. You may want to export your vBulletin database, and import it into your bbPress database, and do the conversion locally to avoid connection issues.

dvclmn
    Participant

@dvclmn

Thanks for the reply, JJJ!

Really appreciate your time. I successfully uploaded my entire vB database into phpmyadmin on my server (dvclmn.com).

However I input all my details and unfortunately it still gave me ‘no forums to convert…’ etc.

To be honest I’m sure it’s just a matter of having input a small detail wrong; there’s just so many areas to make an error in!

Perhaps I could get clarification on each field, just to eliminate these areas.

Select Platform
    Easy, that’s vBulletin.

Database Server
    I am now trying to import from a database on the same server as the bbpress installation. Does this mean I use a) localhost b) my dedicated IP address or c) dvclmn.com OR http://www.dvclmn.com OR http://dvclmn.com?

Database Port
    My server uses Apache, so it’s likely this is 3306; is there a way to find out for sure?

Database Name
    Is it important to include the server username extension here? So username_database_name? Or is just database_name fine? (in this case it is [username]_anotherc_vb).

Database User
    I have seen the option between username@localhost OR username@dvclmn.com OR just username. Which is going to work?

Database Password
    Got that nailed haha

Table Prefix
    I have just been enter vb_, as all the tables in the database look like this: “vb_access” and “vb_action” etc.

Have been keeping the Rows & Delay Time at their defaults, and selecting Convert Users (and sometimes Start Over & Purge for good measure).

I hope this is enough information for you. It is imperative I can get this working ASAP, as I mentioned before I am happy to pay for premium support if need be. Just need this to work.

Thanks,

Dave.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar