Categories
Search
Bottom

Issues after bbPress 2.6.6 plugin update

• eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

Hi,

We are having the following issues after we have updated the bbPress plugin version to 2.6.6.

1.) Topic favorites and subscription button are missing.

We’ve actually checked the template file where those buttons were being displayed and the functions that shows those buttons were not here anymore. We’re wondering if there’s any reason why it was removed on the latest plugin version update.

2.) When user subscribe to a forum, the forum is not listed on the “Subscribe Forums” page under members page. e.g. /members/111/forums/subscriptions/

WordPress version: 5.6.1
    BuddyPress version: 7.2.1(latest)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, many questions… but lets start with

what version did you upgrade from ?

which template files are they missing from ?

eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your response.

We are using v2.5.14 before and we’ve updated it to v2.6.6.

The template file is “loop-replies.php” which is inside the directory “/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress”.

Here’s the screenshot for comparison reference.

Comparison Screenshot

We have the “v2.5.14” on left of the screenshot and we have the “v2.6.6” on the right. As you can see this functions “bbp_topic_subscription_link()” and “bbp_user_favorites_link()” were removed on the updated template.

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

that code has been moved to content-single-topic.

Can you just recheck your settings in

dashboard>settings>forums and look at subscriptions and favorites are set – I have no reason to doubt except past experience 🙂

If so, you may need to upgrade in

dashboard>tools>forums>upgrade forums

eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

I’ve re-checked it and they were enabled. I have also tried disabling and re-enabling them but didn’t change anything.

I’ve also run 4 upgrades under the “Upgrade Forums” as well as 1 repair under “Repair Forums” and we don’t have any on pending lists.

It’s kinda weird that when I edit this php file you mention “content-single-topic.php”, it didn’t show those changes on the forum pages.

Robin W

@robin-w

It’s kinda weird that when I edit this php file you mention “content-single-topic.php”, it didn’t show those changes on the forum pages.

ok, question, does your theme have bbpress files associated with it? or is a plugin affecting this

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

I’ve scanned this file content-single-topic.php inside our theme and we have an existing one for that. I have updated it and the subscribe and favorite a topic button shows again and they worked fine.

We have another issue, it’s when users subscribe to a forum, the forum is not listed on the “Subscribe Forums” page under members page. I’ve tried checking it if it has something to do with the templates but I didn’t find this file user-subscriptions.php on the theme.

Here are the sample screenshots:

A user was subscribed to a forum

The forum was not listed on user’s subscribed forum list

Robin W

@robin-w

Goad the first ones fixed.

sorry, but the above fault finding applies again 🙂

eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

I have used the plugin to troubleshoot the issue and I can confirm that there were no issues with the theme and the plugins we used. After doing the following it still didn’t fix the issue that the subscribed forum is not showing on the list.

1.) I switched to Twenty-twenty theme.
    2.) I disabled all the plugins and just enable the “bbPress” and “BuddyPress”.

eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

Here’s the screenshot when I’m troubleshooting using the plugin.

Btw, we are using BuddyPress v.7.2.1.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok so try it without buddypress

eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

I removed the BuddyPress and it still not showing the subscribed forums.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, not sure I can help further, it looks site specific.

eeyyjohn
    Participant

@eeyyjohn

Hi there,

I’ve created a new fresh instance on my local machine using bbpress version 2.6.6 and it works fine. I tried to do debug the site that has bug with the recent version of bbpress by tracing the output of each functions that leads to showing the subscribed forums. I also check those functions on the site that is working properly and compared them with the site that has bug.

Then I got to this function that returns a different object.

Function name: bbp_user_engagements_interface
    File name and path: /bbpress/includes/common/engagements.php

On the site that bbpress has bug, it returns this class: BBP_User_Engagements_User Object ( [type] => user )

And on the site the bbpress is working properly, it returns this class: BBP_User_Engagements_Meta Object ( [type] => meta )

Do you know any reason why it uses a different class?

Here’s the screenshot of the function:

Thanks in advance!

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm….do you know what calls this function ?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar