Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Issue after last WordPress update

• ico33
    Participant

@ico33

Hi, in my site I noticed a strange issue after last WordPress update. It seems to have problem with “cache”.

For example, if I log-in through the Home Page, after click in sign-in, the page refresh but it seems that the log-in didn’t work. If I press F5 to refresh the page, here I can now see the log-in effectuated.

I thought about my caching plugin, and I wrote to the assistance of my provider. They exclude the problem is in caching plugin, they found this:

The issue appears to be caused from the latest WordPress upgrade that was automatically applied within your website.

Code:

sitename@esm9 [~/public_html]# wp core version

There seems to be conflict between a plugin of yours that is creating this strange behavior within the website.

To find which is the responsible plugin, you may start deactivating them one by one and after that checking the functions that were not working as expected. Once they work this will indicate which plugin caused the issue.

I did what they suggest, and when I deactivate BBPRESS, everything works! So, what to do??

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• ico33
    Participant

@ico33

Nobody has the issue? Do you think there will be an upgrade to fix it? I am in troubles with my site, now.

ico33
    Participant

@ico33

Ok… for now I have to restore to the previous WordPress, because in this way every user can’t see login, can’t see the pages refreshed, and it’s a problem. Hope somebody will answer.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Which caching plugin are you using, and what does your configuration look like?

There are many, and also many variations and approaches, so it’s possible this will take some back and forth to resolve completely.

ico33
    Participant

@ico33

Latest News: I restored WordPress to a few weeks ago, but still with the latest release.

Rstoring, the issue disappeared. And some plugins asked me to make an upgrade because of the restore to a few weeks ago. Due to the problem “solved”, I tried to update one plugin by one, and see if the problem comes back. Yes! It came back after the update of “Custom Sidebars”.

“ok” – I thought – “now deactivate it and see if the problem disappears”. Well, deactivating Custom Sidebars, the issue remains! And the only way to make it disappear is, now, deactivating BBpress.

What a confusion!

What do you think?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar