Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is this entire site bbpress?

• Please pardon the stupid noob post. I am completely new to this area of technology. I am looking for a solution which will function as a corporate portal/intranet.

I like the horizontal tabs as featured on this site. My site would have tabs with company news, policies and procedures, links, blog(s), and of course discussion forums. I am also expecting to have flexible layout capabilities…multiple columns, etc.

With that in mind, I have two questions:

1. Is the entire bbpress.org site strictly bbpress, or does it also utilize WordPress?

2. Does bbPress allow for multiple moderators? Our discussion forums will be devoted to various topics, with subject matter experts within the company moderating.

2. W

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

I can answer question 2 and say yes it does!

This site has the forums run on bbPress and the Blog run with WordPress. The navigation and “look and feel” really is just done through the template that you decide to go with. Best part about bbPress is the templates generally are created with CSS so you can do whatever you want to do. bbPress and WordPress do integrate logins and cookies which is nice, but the design really is not that bad as well.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar