Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is there a way to send a reason for moderation?

• sbask
    Participant

@sbask

Currently posts are moderated. If a post is rejected, is there a way to provide a reason back to the poster as to why the post was removed?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• sbask
    Participant

@sbask

Anyone?

Robin W

@robin-w

moderation does 2 checks for stuff in

dashboard>settings>discussion

1st for blacklist words – produces ‘Your topic cannot be created at this time’ error

2nd for moderation – either the number of links or words. If these are failed, the topic is allowed but put into pending.

So which and what do you want to happen?

sbask
    Participant

@sbask

We want to have a reason sent back to the poster when we deny a post.
    Is that possible?

Robin W

@robin-w

so just the ‘1st’ above – yes ?

sbask
    Participant

@sbask

It’s not just blacklists, sometimes we moderate comments because they don’t contribute. So we’d want something that would allow a response back to the poster that we can customize.

Someone posts, the moderators deem it not to be worthy, they remove the post. I would like a reason to be sent back to the poster.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmmm…ok, so a 3rd set of requirements

Without an actual list of what you want to happen when it is hard to say what work might be required, but from the sound of it well beyond free help – sorry

sbask
    Participant

@sbask

I’d be willing to pay for a plug in. Do you know of anyone willing to do custom work?

Users post on the site. It’s posted. Moderators go back and determine that the post isn’t publish worthy and remove it. I’d like a reason send back to the poster.

Robin W

@robin-w

contact me via

Contact me

with a link to this thread 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar