Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

iPhone: Dont see submit button

• rajvir
    Participant

@rajvir

Ive created a forum using bbpress, everything is working well at the moment on a computer.

When i use my site on a mobile device “iPhone” the forum uploads but its too big for the screen and cut off, where i have no access to the submit button to creating a new topic or even on a reply

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Likely because the buttons of the editor are stretching the wrapper element. We used to have that same problem here, and might still to a certain degree.

You should be able to add some CSS to work around it for your specific application.

rajvir
    Participant

@rajvir

thanks for your reply 🙂

im a newbie to WordPress, add CSS does that mean edit coding?

Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Yes, but try using a Webkit browser on your PC or Mac ( Chrome or Safari are Webkit based )

Scale your browser-window down to iPhone size and try to spot at what size things start going wrong -layout wise.

Just before things start going wrong you Right-click at the page where things go wrong and pick the ‘Inspect Element’ option to see the code. It really helps a lot.

rajvir
    Participant

@rajvir

Hey shmoo, thanks for the reply

I am using Firefox on Windows. I scaled my browser and the forum cuts half way. After right clicking on ‘Inspect Element’ what do i do next???

rajvir
    Participant

@rajvir

please help

Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

View the source, walk through the elements and they should highlight. I can’t tell you what to do from this side of the internet. You have to have a little understanding of HTML + CSS.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar