Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Introduced an Error and Can't Remove It?

• Hi! A few days ago, I was playing around in the bbPress plugin, and I introduced an error. I was trying to figure out where a function outputted, but never figured it out.

If you visit my boards here, http://craftcore.ca/boards/ , you can see the words “Hello World” on my forums list:

> 0 0 No Topics Hello world!

Now the thing is…I can’t remember what file I edited. I opened all the template files in EditPad and seached for “Hello World”, and found nothing. I deactivated, removed, and readded bbPress, and it’s still there.

Any suggestions of where I should be looking? This is such a silly problem, I know. Any advice would be wonderful!

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Delete the /plugins/bbpress folder, and replace it with a fresh download.

This is so weird…deleted /plugins/bbpress and all its subdirectories, downloaded and extracted bbPress 2.1.1 and uploaded. Reactivated and saved settings on the bbPress page…and the Hello World text is still there! So strange!

Is there anything outside of the actual bbPress folder that could modify the bbPress forum index template?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

All kinds of things. Everything in bbPress has an action or a filter in it that enables any other plugins to change the output. Is it possible you were customizing template parts inside your active theme? If so, check in your theme’s folder for a /bbpress directory, and see if you changed any files in there.

Yay, I found the file! I downloaded my entire website, then used the program MultiFindPro to search for Hello World within my website files. It found it right away and I was able to remove the echo statement.

Thanks so much for help, John. 🙂 I really felt like I was losing my mind there, haha.

(Note to self: don’t code late at night while sleepy.)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar