Categories
Search
Bottom

Internal server error when accessing replies from WP Admin

• riccochet
    Participant

@riccochet

Hello all,
    I’m migrating a site from a cloud based web server to bluehost. I’m doing it mostly manually since that just seems to work best for me. I did however do an export of the forums, topics, and replies, and then import them into the new host. I got no errors when doing the imports, and the forums all work fine. I can login through the website and i can see the old forum topics just fine (after i manually re-associated them with the proper parent forum)… but when i try to look at the replies from the wp-admin page, i get a internal server error 500. This is the only part of the website that does this. Every other part of the admin dashboard works fine.
    I can’t see any replies when i check the forums, and doing a repair doesn’t seem to help.
    I can post NEW replies through the forums themselves on the site, so it all looks like it works, but i need to get to the replies through the wp-admin page so i can re-associate them with the forum topics.
    Any suggestions on where i should start?
    I changed the PHP ini files on the site to use 128M memory allocation, but the WP dashboard still only says i have 40M… but the reports on the website itself say 128M is available… Not sure what else i should be doing.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• riccochet
    Participant

@riccochet

So interestingly, i ended up disabling woocommerce on the theme i’m using and the replies page loads, Which leads me to believe it was indeed a memory allocation issue. However, it shows 50 replies, which is the number it should be. But i can’t see any of them. It says there are 3 pages of replies, but none are visible.

riccochet
    Participant

@riccochet

Okay. So i re-imported the replies, they all showed as “already exists”. When i checked the replies again, they were all there. However, i can’t get them to associate with the parent topics. I have tried running the forum repair tools and still nothing. Not sure what else i can do at this point?

mmaddison
    Participant

@mmaddison

you need to recreate your permalink setting for this you need to login WP_admin then click on setting buttons then click on permalink button then click on post name radio button then click on save after doing this step please check your issue should be save Thanks

riccochet
    Participant

@riccochet

It does not appear to have helped.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I think you will need to do some more testing

so it could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar