Internal Server Error in BBPress
I receive this error, “The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at http://www.techgreet.com Port 80″
Whenever i try to access the replies tab in my site, other tab like Forums, topics and new reply working fine but only replies tab is not accessible at all.
I have tried increasing php memory, disabling and enabling plugins,creating new .htaccess file but still unable to solve it out.
Please help me as i am totally confused and angry with BBpress.
Ok, I am also confused !
If http://www.techgreet.com/ is your site, it seems to be working fine on the client side, I can access and see the forums.
So for the server error – when exactly do you receive this error?
Are there particular actions that you take to create this?
Have you contacted your server administrator, and what did they say?
for the tab error – I presume this is in the dashboard?
Have you just installed bbpress, or is this an old installation?
What else has changed
What other plugins are your running?
It may be a plugin or theme conflict – not sure whether you tried deactivating all plugins except bbPress viz
Check other plugins
Check that no other plugins are affecting this.
Turn off all other plugins, and see if that fixes the problem. If the problem is resolved, add back one at a time to see which is causing the conflict.
If plugins are not the cause, then it may be a theme issue. Switch to a default theme, such as twentytwelve, and test.
I have done these all things previously and now have done again once more, and none of this is working. And i have not contacted the server administrator. This is not because of any plugins and theme and no php memory problem either but i don’t understand why only replies tab in word press dashboard is showing this error. Should i try the fresh installation of bbpress if i do will i lose all my data. Please help me if you need more information tell me what kind of information you need i will share here.
Is anyone to help here?
yes, but you do need to
a) show some patience – we are all volunteers here and have lives outside of bbPress
b) answer fully questions asked – these are not random or standard, they are specific to your problem. All are asked for a reason.
To help me to help you, I need information to get to a problem definition, and from there to a solution.
Please respond to each question below
1. I now understand your problem as follows :
bbPress is fully working, except that when you go into Dashboard>replies you get an internal server error.
Is this correct? If not precisely when/how do you get the error
2. Have you just installed bbpress, or is this an old installation?
3. Has this error always been there, or has it appeared?
4. What else has changed on the site
5. What other plugins are your running?
6. Are you running any caching software?
7. can you confirm that with ALL plugins except bbPress AND a default theme such as twentytwlelve installed you still get this error? and which default theme you used.
Here are the answers…..
1. Yes bbPress is fully working, except that when i go to Dashboard>replies i get an internal server error mentioned above.
2. this is an old installation, few days back it was working fine from 10 days back i am getting this error in Dashboard>replies.
3. This error is always been there.
4. Nothing has changed on the site except i installed some plugins i needed.
5. I am running these wordpress pulgins are BackUpWordPress, bbPress Genesis Extend( beacuase bbpress has problems with genesis framework and it helps), bbPress Moderation, Broken Link Checker, Contact Form 7, ContestHopper for WordPress, Eggplant 301 Redirects, Genesis Simple Edits, Google Analytics for WordPress, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Nofollow for external link, SEO Friendly Images, W3 Total Cache, WordPress SEO, WordPress SEO News, WP-No-Tag-Base and Google Publisher Plugin.
6. Yes using W3 Total Cache as a caching software but i don’t think it is the issue.
7. Yes this problem is also there with ALL plugins except bbPress deactivated AND a default theme such as Twenty Thirteen installed i still get this error? and the default theme i used is Twenty Thirteen.
Thanks for your help…..
“2. this is an old installation, few days back it was working fine from 10 days back i am getting this error in Dashboard>replies.
3. This error is always been there.”
Sorry but can you confirm that it was working, but started to produce the error 10 days ago – answers 2&3 seem to contradict.
Answer 2: Everything was fine when i installed this and for many days but from past 10 days now i am getting this error in Dashboard>replies.
Answer 3: From Past 10 days Now this error is always been there, now i can’t access this menu. Before ten days everything was good
4. Nothing has changed on the site except i installed some plugins i needed.
which of the plugins have you installed in the last 10 days?
Delete bbPress and reinstall it, you won’t let lose your forum data.
If that doesn’t fix the issue you will have to contact your hosting provider as there will be something wrong with either the Apache or PHP configuration or you are simply running out of memory, you have quite a few plugins running.
There are NO known issues when WordPress’ only active plugin is bbPress.
I did as you suggested and it worked but again error.
First i deleted bbPress and reinstalled it and then it was working, i deleted some replies as they were spam but then it stopped working now again i deleted bbPress and reinstalled it many times, 3 times it worked and then stopped and now permanently stopped, i mean no effect of Deleting bbPress and reinstalling it now.
And one more thing i am able to add new replies there from dashboard and can access spam, Published and trash folder in replies but only two tabs are not accessible pending and all replies in replies main tab, should i try it installing through FTP, it might work as the reinstalling worked few times.
And it might be possible that the pending replies, there are 4 now can disturbing BBpress, 3 of them are spammy, some Chinese language is there. So i think if you can tell me how to delete that pending replies data from FTP without accessing WordPress dashboard as it showing error from there, i think it might work.
And i have also contacted my hosting provider, awaiting for their reply….
From what I can see of your site just now is you still have those plugins enabled and your still using your theme. Disable your plugins and switch to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Thirteen and you won’t have a problem deleting those replies.
Once your done that activate your theme and check if the problem still exists.
Next enable one other plugin and check the problem again.
Next, your next plugin, check again.
Keep doing this one by one and you will find the conflict and we can go from there.
As you said i did, not working and it never worked. I don’t think there is any problem with plugins and theme. Any other ideas?
so when you are doing all this testing, has the w3 cache plugin been deactivated? and have you then cleared your browser?
As SE says working on say twentythirteen with just bbPress as a plugin works, so if this is not working for you, then you will need to look to your host provider for help.
OK, i got it thanks for your help, i am now looking for help from my host provider.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.