Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration Version Check

• deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

I’ve got bbpress 0.9.0.3 installed – and have 850 ish registered users.

I’ve just installed WP MU 2.6.5

Can I integrate the two? I’ve read/heard various things about that.

If not (as I suspect on a purely luck basis), should I wait for WPMU 2.7 to be released (soon I hope), and then BBpress 1.0 final before any integration is attempted?

And finally, can I do the integration with my users having registered from BBpress and not WPMU? Does the user database crossover work both ways?

thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • WPMU 2.6.5 will have not integrate with bbPress 0.9.0.3. Anything past WP or WPMU 2.5 would need the 1.0 alpha series of bbPress to integrate properly. Of course, the risk is that they are not final versions of software packages. I actually use both WPMU 2.7 beta2 and bbPress 1.0 alpha 4 on a couple installs and works great, but there are always bugs.

Long story short, it would be safest to just stay with WPMU 2.6.5 and create a “2nd” install of bbPress with another database, (keeping your original one completely intact) and upgrade the “2nd” install to bbPress 1.0 alpha 4. If you find it works and integrates nicely with 2.6.5 for you then great. When WPMU 2.7 comes out it will also need the 1.0 series as well.

Jim Groom has a wonderful post that is also a good read on the integration side.

Good luck!

Trent

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

thanks for the reply Trent.

Can you just confirm that the user database that I’ve built up in bbPress will crossover to the WPMU? I’m sure I read somewhere that the users needed to come from the WP user table.

Personally have never tried to get the userbase from bbPress into WP or WPMU, so not sure how that process would go. With integration, the users are pulled from the wp_users instead of the bb_users and the same for the user meta files. Your understanding is correct, but as for the process of getting those bbPress users in, not sure.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

bbPress and WP/WPMU use the same user database schema. The only thing that wouldn’t carry across is user levels.

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

thanks all. I’ll be doing some tests on it all sometime this week and will report back.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar