Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration issues?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sounds like you are using pretty permalinks but your server does not support them.

Try setting $bb->mod_rewrite = false; in your config.php and see if it works then.

If that works, then you can try figuring out if your server does support mod_rewrite or multiviews. But first try disabling pretty permalinks and see if your forum works.

geekpulpthegreat

@geekpulpthegreat

Great that seems to have done the trick. Of course one problems solution often just brings more problems to the surface.

Now I seem to have an issue with posting replies. When ever I do so it says “This topic has been closed”?

Any ideas why it thinks all topics are closed?

Trent Adams

@trent

Are you using any plugin on this installation? I have heard of people having this issue when using the bbPress-Post plugin for posts out of wordpress.

Trent

geekpulpthegreat

@geekpulpthegreat

I’m using two plugins, onlinelist and display-name.

I had that same problem, and it just went away on its own (?). One situation in which you will get the Topic Closed message (even when it is open) is if you look for a page that is beyond the actual number of pages in a topic. Sometimes (I don’t know why), after posting it will take you to a page that does not yet exist, thus giving that message.

I got rid of front page topics, and that seemed to fix the problem. But, since you’re not running front page topics, I have no idea why that would happen.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar