Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration issues with Wishlist Member

• johnny-rocket

@johnny-rocket

Wondering if anyone has an easy solution to problem i’m having with integrating the most updated versions of bb-press and wishlist member.

I created a forum which i would like only available to paid subscribers. When i visit my forum page as either a logged in member or a guest (non-member) I get the following message:

Oh bother! No forums were found here!

I can view the forums perfectly as an admin.

Any one having these issues? Any solution?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I would suggest installing Justin Tadlocks ‘members’ plugin where you can then add the capabilities to view/post in the forums to ‘forum participants and forum moderators’ roles. At least that worked for me.

johnny-rocket

@johnny-rocket

Thanks man…Are you using Wish List Member also, or just the members plugin on its own?

johnny-rocket

@johnny-rocket

I installed the suggested members plugin. Still not working. I even made sure that my ‘Subscribers’ have the same privileges as a forum moderator. Nothing. Then i selected all of the privileges and still…nothing.

The only way i can view the forums now is if I am logged in as an ADMIN.

I am using Wishlist Member as well. With that turned off I can view forums both as a guest and a logged in member.

Any clues on this one??

scylderon
    Participant

@scylderon

Here is some good information on this issue, Johnny.

http://wishlistproducts.zendesk.com/entries/457628-integration-with-bbpress

The problem is with a recent change made to Wishlist and their lack of willingness to correct it.

I wonder if there is any solution that bbPress could make to set it right again.

johnny-rocket

@johnny-rocket

Thanks Scy…that’s actually me posting over there (crstuart) too. Wishlist keeps telling me to use Simple Press (which I hate). My conclusion is that the two don’t play well together. You are right, i think unless BBPress comes up with some sort of solution, it’s hopeless. I’m thinking of switching to another member plugin.

freesoftwaredown

@freesoftwaredown

This thread solved few of my doubts. Thanks @johnny-rocket :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar