Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration – established forum

• Hard Seat Sleeper
    Participant

@hseatsleeper

Sorry to post yet another integration thread, but maybe someone can help me.

I have a forum with 5000 active users that I’m trying to integrate with my blog. What I’m trying to achieve is single sign-on, and eventually to use buddypress.

I’m using wp 2.9 and bbpress 1.1, I integrated them fine, but all the current posts on the forum were screwed up, written by “Anonymous.” I’m assuming that because there is no user data for these writers in my wp install, bbpress couldn’t figure out who was writing them.

So I undid the db integration, I was hoping for simply cookie integration. After 2 hours of salts and keys and logging in and out, I can’t get it to work. Is it even possible to work with cookies so that logging into bbpress also logs you into the blog?

And back to my original problem – would I have to import all my users from the db to my wp tables for that to work? Has anyone ever done this? It’s definitely possible, it just seems like a lot of complicated work for something that I’m sure many people are trying to do.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar