Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration between WordPress and BBpress – staying logged in help

• Hey I have WordPress 2.8-beta1 and bbPress 1.0-rc-1. I downloaded and installed sams plugin. However — I still need to sign in new when going from the forum to the blog. I can sign in fine in each — but it doesnt carry the cookie info over. And I did everyhting in the video. Any new tips?

Should I roll back to a previous version? If there are versions of WordPress, BBPress and Plugin that do work together — please share what versions that play nicely together.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hello. Please read this post of mine and also this post that the previous post references :)

peace~

I read that. So did you ever get it to work?

So I downgrade my WP back to 2.7. Is there a way to do one sign in between 2.7 and BBPress 0.9.0.5 – without having to sign in again?

I do mine perfectly with WP 2.7.1 and BBPress 1.0 RC1

What’s your secret, Atsutane?

I have the blog and forums kinda working — but when you go from the blog to the forum, it doesn’t carry over the password/username. It requries you to sign in again.

Nothing secret. My forum is on subdomain while my blog is on main domain.

All i need to do is define define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.atsutane.net'); and define('COOKIEPATH', '/'); inside wp-config.php

And if you are using Bbpress 1.0 RC1 with WP 2.7.1, you need to defind this define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1); inside bb-config.php.

Another thing is, i let bbpress handle all registration and log in/log out process.

Hope this will help you :)

There’s no secret to it. All the info you need is in these forums. You mostly need to make sure that the […] in the following:

define('AUTH_KEY'[...] matches define('BB_AUTH_KEY'[...]

define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY'[...] matches define('BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY'[...]

define('LOGGED_IN_KEY'[...] matches define('BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY'[...]

and define('NONCE_KEY'[...] matches define('BB_NONCE_KEY'[...]

between your wp-config.php and bb-config.php.

Make sure you use different table prefixes for WP and bbP.

bb-config.php shouldn’t have anything extra defined in it past that, if you had left in WP2.8. Since you downgraded to 2.7 your bb-config.php needs to have define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1); until you upgrade back to 2.8, at which point you need to remove that line again.

Your wp-config.php needs to have define('COOKIEPATH', '/wordpress/'); where ‘wordpress’ is the path to wherever you installed WP, or define('COOKIEPATH', '/'); if WP is in your site’s base folder.

Visit the WP administration settings and fill out the bbPress Integration Plugin settings (but mind what I said above, you probably shouldn’t add what it suggests adding to your wp-config.php file).

Visit the bbP administration settings and fill out the WordPress Integration settings there as well.

As I said in the posts I linked earlier, everything works fine for me with WP2.8-RC1 or any of the betas, and bbP1.0-RC1, except that if users log in from bbP, they can’t log out from WP (which seems a somewhat trivial issue since I doubt many users will need to do that).

Hope you can get it working.

peace~

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar