Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration: Add Forum returns user to WP dashboard without creating forum

• singlecelldesign

@singlecelldesign

Hi,

I hope someone can help me here, I’ve tried Googling and searching this forum but haven’t been successful in finding an answer.

WordPress 3.01 using TwentyTen theme

bbPress 1.02 using modified Kakumei theme.

Single database with additional chars added to table names (e.g. wp_obscure_)

I integrated WordPress and bbPress by following this tutorial by Ashfame.

I can access the bbPress Dashboard but I cannot make any changes to the Settings or (more importantly) add new Forums or sub forums – I am redirected to the WP dashboard when I press the “Add Forum” button (or similar submit elsewhere).

Naturally, I can’t be going into the database each time a new forum is required.

Best Regards, Karl

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• singlecelldesign

@singlecelldesign

Hi,

I’ve been very careful with a fresh install of bbPress and testing functionality at each step of integrating with WordPress. I have the problem narrowed down to this code snippet that goes into the bb-config.php file:

/* Deep integration */

if ( !defined('ABSPATH') && !defined('XMLRPC_REQUEST')){

define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);

include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php' );

header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK");

header("Status: 200 All rosy");

}

No feedback yet (it was Thanksgiving Day yesterday after all) but I hope this will help you, help me.

Best Regards, Karl

singlecelldesign

@singlecelldesign

Hi,

I’ve been very careful with a fresh install of bbPress and testing functionality at each step of integrating with WordPress. I have the problem narrowed down to this code snippet that goes into the bb-config.php file:

/* Deep integration */

if ( !defined('ABSPATH') && !defined('XMLRPC_REQUEST')){

define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);

include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php' );

header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK");

header("Status: 200 All rosy");

}

No feedback yet (it was Thanksgiving Day yesterday after all) but I hope this will help you, help me.

Best Regards, Karl

You mean you are redirected to WordPress dashboard when you click any submit button in bbPress dashboard?

You mean you are redirected to WordPress dashboard when you click any submit button in bbPress dashboard?

singlecelldesign

@singlecelldesign

Hi Ashfame,

Yes, that’s right. Quite odd. In the end I settled for integrating logins across both WP and bbPress and maintaining the two separate themes. I’d like to get to the bottom of it though.

Best Regards, Karl

singlecelldesign

@singlecelldesign

Hi Ashfame,

Yes, that’s right. Quite odd. In the end I settled for integrating logins across both WP and bbPress and maintaining the two separate themes. I’d like to get to the bottom of it though.

Best Regards, Karl

Hey!

I have done numerous setups so far and never got this problem or anything near to it.

Try doing it with no plugins activated on both side to check if a plugin is to blame for this weird issue.

Hey!

I have done numerous setups so far and never got this problem or anything near to it.

Try doing it with no plugins activated on both side to check if a plugin is to blame for this weird issue.

singlecelldesign

@singlecelldesign

Thanks for getting back to me, Ashfame :)

I had it working great under WAMP (can’t remember what plugins were active at the time though) so will remember this advice for future and continue to test at regular intervals.

All the best, Karl

singlecelldesign

@singlecelldesign

Thanks for getting back to me, Ashfame :)

I had it working great under WAMP (can’t remember what plugins were active at the time though) so will remember this advice for future and continue to test at regular intervals.

All the best, Karl

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar