Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integrating registration and login with my site

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hi Pedagog,

You’re not wrong. ther are more options for login/registration in WordPress. The simple solution is to physically point the links for login and registration to the WordPress ones.

Anywhere you output a link to bb-login, just change that to wp-login. You will have to edit your theme to make this happen, but its well worth it

Hello Kevin

Thanks for your reply. I’m not using WP, but I think I get your point. At the moment, I can register new members through ‘my’ admin, and it saves the details to my database ‘and’ bbpress.

But as you are more than aware, for various reasons, when a new student logs in to bbpress, they are registered as ‘inactive’.

I’ve not started working on a single login point from ‘my’ site yet.

I will try to tinker with what you have said and get back to you on my success (or failure).

Thanks for your input – I’ll get to work on it.

namelesshorseman

@namelesshorseman

Hi Kevin,

Are you aware of any plugin for bbPress that forces all registration through a local WordPress install? I can’t seem to find it through google etc.

If not, if I search (through NetBeans / Eclipse + PID) for all strings of bb-login.php or register.php will I find them all?

Or is the easiest way to simply change the header to not show the defualt Login + Register form, and forward people onto the wordpress pages?

Thanks,

Tomek

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar