Skip to:

Installation success, login success, but nothing working

• Hi

Interesting times. Made my first attempt at integrating bbPress.

Installation went fine and I can login as Admin, my bbPress entry page comes up ok

But the big problem is when I come to click on anything. It is the same outcome every time – a grey screen with nothing on.

This happened both when I attempted to integrate with WordPress, but also when I completely reinstalled without any attempt to integrate.

Here are some of the particulars:

define(‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘wordpressgl’); // The name of the database

define(‘BBDB_USER’, ‘wordpressgl’); // Your MySQL username

define(‘BBDB_PASSWORD’, ‘xxxxxxx’); // …and password

define(‘BBDB_HOST’, ‘’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change this value

$bb->domain = ‘’;

$bb->path = ‘/forum/’;

$bb->mod_rewrite = true;

$bb->wp_table_prefix = false; // WordPress table prefix. Example: ‘wp_’;

$bb->wp_home = false; // WordPress – Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash

$bb->wp_siteurl = false; // WordPress – Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash

WordPress is installed at

Wordpress blog is setup to operate from

However, the problem shouldn’t be WordPress integration, as I’ve made no attempt to do this the 2nd time round.

Any ideas guys? No problems during installation but a completely unfunctioning site….

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • MODS! Please erase this man’s database username and password! Max, it will be erased by a mod, but it probably shouldn’t post the actual database, username and password in the forum!

Maybe try changing:

$bb->mod_rewrite = true;

$bb->mod_rewrite = false;

That will find out if it is just a ‘fancy URL’ problem.

I blanked out my password ;), probably should have done the same with username too. Thanks anyway.

And changing the mod_rewrite sorted the problem, cheers! Should have checked that in the first place…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar