Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

(Installation Problem) Help , it’s gone all wrong!

• goldfiinger

@goldfiinger

Hi , well today i decided to try and install bbpess and integrate it into my wordpress site.

The quick instructions seemed simple, now on reflection a little to simple.

Basically I copied everything from the bb zip file into the same root folder my wp site lives in.

Then errors started to appear , so i thought well I’ll just delete everything and try and use some more in depth instructions.

So I’ve now deleted every file I copied into the root file from the bb zip and the config.php file i also put in their which the instructions asked me to do.

I thought once i had removed everything my site would just start working again as i thought it would be in the same state as this morning before I thought about bb.

But you guessed it, it now doesn’t work. :(

My site is http://the3rdplace.co.uk/home/

Error I’m getting is 403 Forbidden

Plus

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /home/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I don’t really know enough to know where to start in correcting things.

How i wish i had a back up :( (i don’t)

Question is what have I done wrong , but more importantly for now how do i go about correcting things ?

Many thanks in advance :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you deleted everything in your root WordPress folder, you’re going to have to reinstall WordPress first, then your theme and plugins. That would be the first step, well before installing bbPress.

For the record, bbPress should be in a subdirectory of your WordPress installation if you’re going to try and integrate it.

So maybe you have your WordPress at /var/www/goldfiinger/home/, and if so, you would put bbPress at /var/www/goldfiinger/home/bbpress/.

goldfiinger

@goldfiinger

Sorry if i didn’t make myself clear, i deleted all the bb files. I left all the wp files yet now wp doesn’t work.

I assume you did an overlap install of bbPress onto WordPress!

/home/readme.html, /home/license.txt and /home/wp-login.php are working.

But /home/index.php isn’t.

except index.php, the first three files are not in bbPress; and you say you have clean up bbPress files. So, DID YOU DO AN OVERLAP INSTALL???

If so, just download WordPress package, and extract index.php from it, then put it into /home.

goldfiinger

@goldfiinger

Fantastic all working now many thanks :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar