Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installation problem

• I followed the instructions to install and got this error that I need help interpreting and resolving:

SQL ERROR!

>>> Database: wildfelid (localhost)

>>>>>> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS bb_posts (

post_id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,

forum_id int(10) NOT NULL default 1,

topic_id bigint(20) NOT NULL default 1,

poster_id int(10) NOT NULL default 0,

post_text text NOT NULL,

post_time datetime NOT NULL default ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’,

poster_ip varchar(15) NOT NULL default ”,

post_status tinyint(1) NOT NULL default 0,

post_position bigint(20) NOT NULL default 0,

PRIMARY KEY (post_id),

KEY topic_time (topic_id, post_time),

KEY poster_time (poster_id, post_time),

KEY post_time (post_time),

FULLTEXT KEY post_text (post_text)

) TYPE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARACTER SET ‘utf8’;

>>>>>> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘TYPE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARACTER SET ‘utf8” at line 16

The setup did not create the necessary tables in my database for some reason even though the access details are correct.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Not sure but I doubt it has something to do with the database collation. Try installing with a database which has its collation set to utf8_unicode_ci

Thanks. When I returned this evening the database was magically populated with the bbPress tables. Any idea why I would get that kind of error during installation, then somehow it fixes itself? I’m assume it’s fixed anyway, I haven’t yet taken it for a test run but should be OK. Very strange.

Uh-oh I thought one of the strong points of bbPress was supposed to be its security. Looks like a bit of a breach here.

Actually after reading something else, it would probably be good for me to validate if all of the tables installed. The ones that did are:

bb_forums

bb_meta

bb_terms

bb_term_relationships

bb_term_taxonomy

bb_topics

bb_usermeta

bb_users

Can someone tell me if these are all of the tables that should have installed to my database. I read in another forum (a bit dated) that there should be a bb_post table and wondered if that were correct for the current bbPress or are any other tables missing? Thank you.

Is there a specific reason you went with the stand alone install and not the plugin?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar