Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

installation help

• I downloaded bbPress into my wordpress directory, as I am planning on integrating bbPress into my wordpress site, and I go to http://www.mysitename/bbpress and the installer comes up. I put in what should be my database “name, user, and password” and I get the errors:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock’ (2) in /home/content/m/y/g/mygreensprout/html/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 123

and

! There was a problem connecting to the database you specified.

Please check the settings, then try again.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you put in username, password and database name, it sound like the only thing missing is the host name, which is localhost by default, but maybe you need to set a different host name.

This setting is hidden during installation by a link called something like “Show advanced database settings.” When you click that you will see two additional fields: host name and table prefix. My guess is that you need to set the host name.

What host name does the host tell you the database resides on, what are their instructions?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar