Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installation Failed Halfway Through

• gregfielding
    Participant

@gregfielding

Help! My install failed halfway through. It asked me to manually re-define some integration fields (which were already correct). The message on the screen was that the install failed.

Now, when I go back to the forum, I get redirected to the install.php and this message appears:

“Oh dear!

bbPress is already installed.

Perhaps you meant to run the upgrade script instead?”

How do I re-install?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • you have to go into your SQL and delete the “bb_” tables (assuming you didn’t change the prefix durign the install.

gregfielding
    Participant

@gregfielding

You mean delete “$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_'” in bb-config?

no, Where the information is stored the MySQL. It’s not a file it’s a location on your server.

Empty your database be dropping all the tables inside it via PhpMyAdmin and then install bbPress again.

gregfielding
    Participant

@gregfielding

I went ahead and dropped all the bb_ tables and went to re-install. I got this message:

“The key master could not be assigned. You may need to replace bbPress with a fresh copy and start again.”

So, I uninstalled BBPress and uploaded a fresh copy and ran the install again. Sure enough, the install failed at the first step again with “The key master could not be assigned. You may need to replace bbPress with a fresh copy and start again.”

How can I make the key master get assigned?

May be someone who has faced this error can help. I have never ran into such a error.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar