Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Install problem

• Hi there,

I followed the install instructions, but when once I had configured the bb-config.php file I got the following:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ***/public_html/forum/bb-settings.php on line 186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ***/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ***/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/mo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ***/public_html/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at ***/public_html/forum/bb-settings.php:186) in ***/public_html/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-pluggable.php on line 232

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hi Wallis,

Could you be so kind as to give us some more information?

bbpress version?

PHP versionon server?

I think this is the bug from the latest version of PHP, but i can’t be sure yet.

Sorry, yep:

PHP version is 5.3.1

bbpress version is 1.0.2

Thanks

Richard

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Those are warnings, not errors. If you suppress displaying warnings to the browser (which you should on a production site) then you will not have an issue.

The problem is caused by using PHP 5.3.x. If you can use 5.2, you won’t even have to deal with the warnings.

You can suppress the display of all errors and warnings by adding this to the forum’s .htaccess file:

php_flag display_errors off

If you get a blank white screen after adding that, remove that line. It means your host does not allow that directive in .htaccess and you will have to find another way.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar