Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Install Issues

• Hi all, just installed locally on a XAMPP install. using Latest version of Google Chrome. I only recieved one error when installing: “Key master email not sent!”. I assume this is because my local site has not been set up for email? When I navigate to my forum http://localhost/mysite/forums, I am able to browse my first topic, however when I login, I get a blank page with two warnings and 4 deprecated messages:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsmysiteforumsbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsmysiteforumsbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 390

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsmysiteforumsbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsmysiteforumsbb-includesfunctions.bb-core.php on line 1101

I assume that this is a PHP config issue, any ideas?

BTW: I followed this guide: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/idiots-guide-to-installing

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I thought I may as well try installing bbpress from my wordpress install. I renamed the config file, dropped the database and then removed the C:xampphtdocsmysitewp-contentplugins bbpress install file. I then searched for bbpress in the plugins section and installed the bbpress plugin. However, when I went to activate, I got the error: “The plugin does not have a valid header.”

I thought I may as well try installing bbpress from my wordpress install. I renamed the config file, dropped the database and then removed the C:xampphtdocsmysitewp-contentplugins bbpress install file. I then searched for bbpress in the plugins section and installed the bbpress plugin. However, when I went to activate, I got the error: “The plugin does not have a valid header.”

Ok, can see that BB Press is not a wordpress plugin. Can anyone advise with the header issues?

Ok, can see that BB Press is not a wordpress plugin. Can anyone advise with the header issues?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar