Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

insert/hyperlink file

• tedinoz

@tedinoz

I’d like to include a file (say doc or wks or pdf) in a topic.

Ideally I’d “insert” the file into the post, but worse case would be to hyperlink to a file in a folder.

I know I could manually insert <a href…., but there must be an easier way.

Ted

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Yes there is, it’s called a WYSISYG editor. WordPress has one, I think (hope) bbPress will get one too. I already have a ticket about this for version 1.0 of bbPress, so time will tell if this gets implemented. If not, someone will (I will do it when I have time for it. I already have a WYSIWYG editor laying around that should be easy te implement into bbPress) make a plugin for this to add a very simple/basic WYSIWYG editor to bbPress.

ear1grey

@ear1grey

You may be looking for the object tag (it’s not permitted in the standard set of markup, so you’d have to explicitly allow it).

See the HTML 4.01 Specification [1] and scroll down a little for examples.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/objects.html#h-13.3

tedinoz

@tedinoz

Maybe I need to be a bit more specific.

I don’t need a WYSIWYG editor – quicktabs is fine.

I would like the ability to “import” a file (like WP), but that’s not important (I can just “ftp” it).

Obviously I can write the hyperlink longhand, but what I would like is a system-assisted why of doing it–>syntax consistent (quicktabs), and –> file location browsable (though I don’t think WP can do the latter).

Ted

tedinoz

@tedinoz

Mea culpa.

OK, so I’d would like it NOW, but I can see this is scheduled for 1.5.

I can wait.

Ted

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.