Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Inserted link – post doesn’t go through

• Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

Members can’t post if they use an insert/edit link (Ctrl+K) icon. If we paste a link directly in the text everything is ok, but if we use that icon to paste an active link the post doesn’t go through. Sometimes a message shows up “You cannot reply to this topic”, other times nothing’s happening.

insert link

My theme is Avada, WP version 5.3.2, bbPress 2.6.3, bbp style pack 4.3.7, Image Upload for BBPress 1.1.16.

Chris

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

Can someone help? This problem hasn’t been solved yet. Users can’t insert links to their posts.

My theme is Avada,
    WP version 5.3.2
    bbPress 2.6.3
    bbp style pack 4.3.8
    Image Upload for BBPress 1.1.16
    PHP 7.3.9

Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Is it possible that it is a moderation issue again and links in posts being sent to moderation?

Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

OMG. Yes. I just went to “replies” in the left panel and I can see many pending replies, all of them are the ones with links. But how is that possible? I haven’t changed anything anywhere and until now everyone were able to post links easily. I don’t even know where to change it. Can you give me a hint, please?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar